Airborne New Zealand Honey Series
Vendor: International Goods Depot
Why Airborne? - Honest, Undamaged and Traceable.
Honey's just Honey right?
- Er, No. It's Not!
Sometimes it's just labelled as "honey" and you have no idea where it comes from.....
or sometimes even what country it comes from!
When honey is labelled as a particular floral source, how do you know that it actually comes from that source?
When you buy Airborne, you know exactly where it comes from. And that it is what it claims to be.
When we label a product as a floral source, it has the backing of 100 years of experience plus 25 years of laboratory experience and a comparative database containing over 27,000 records. Read more on techniques used here (simple version), and here (more detailed)
The singe most common question we get is "is your honey heated, raw "
All honey crystallizes and must be liquefied before it can be placed in the retail pack. How it is liquefied is the key.
- At Airborne we have a patented process for liquefying our honey that routinely delivers the lowest amount of heat damage of any honey in the New Zealand market. Yes, we have tested (and continue to test) this.
- We select honeys that are least likely to crystallize for our liquid honeys so don't need excessive heating to stop them crystallizing.
- We don't need to pasteurize our honey to stop it fermenting because we don't add water to it.
- We only strain our honey through a coarse mesh size to remove visible impurities but retain all the natural things like pollen that should be in natural honey.
- Again because we select slow crystallizing honeys to present as liquid we don't need to ultra filter our honeys toremove all the pollen that can act as a nucleation point for crystallization.
We have a unique system of traceability that enables us to enter a batch code into our system to show:
- Every apiary (site of bees) that contributed to the batch.
- Every drum of honey in the batch.
- Every analytical outcome for every drum in the batch.
- Exactly where and when it was moved along the way through our process, and who moved it.
And then our auditors come and inspect our system and verify it.
We are 100% sure that every batch that leaves here is : Honest, Undamaged and Traceable - NO Compromise - Ever
You have my personal guarantee.
CEO - Airborne Honey Ltd.